As a Christian, you’re already in the battle.
Learn to not only stand firm, but to be a conqueror as well.
A Word of Encouragement
With the unprecedented closing of all churches due to the Coronavirus pandemic,
it is important for us to have hope.
Let’s turn to the WORD of God for some encouragement.
Isn’t Religion the cause of more war and suffering than anything else in history?
Spiritual Warfare Class recorded March 8th, 2020 in Spokane Valley, WA.
“Isn’t Religion the cause of more war and suffering than anything else in history?”
This is a very loaded question. Lets look at the facts.
Questions meant to trap the Christian
We are discussing questions that we may encounter as Christians that are not so much looking for an answer, but rather looking to trap the Christian. The trap is meant to make us look bad. Jesus was also asked trap questions, but He was able to cut right to the heart of the issue. Let’s learn from Jesus’ example, and become better equipped to deal with these types of situations.
Is the God of the Old Testament different from the God of the New Testament?
Spiritual Warfare Class
Feb 16th, 2020
Spokane Valley, WA
How can you believe that God is love… when there is so much suffering in the world?
Spiritual Warfare class from Feb 9th, 2020, in Spokane Valley, WA.
We are enjoying these discussions about difficult topics that Christians face in the world today. The more we talk about it, and learn from one another, the better equipped we will be to give an answer to someone when they ask us these types of questions.
“Why should I care about God if you can’t even prove there is life after death?”
In this weeks Spiritual Warfare class, which took place Superbowl Sunday, we “tackle” Skepticism and Agnosticism head on.
As we struggle with these difficult issues together, it is my hope that we can all grow as Christians and become better equipped to answer questions like these when they arise.
What sort of God would threaten to torture people in hell forever just because they don’t believe in Him?
Is God a moral monster? There are some that would say He is just that.
In this Spiritual Warfare class which took place Jan 19, 2020 we are taking a look at the claim that God is somehow immoral. As we will see, arguing against God on the basis of morality is a self-defeating argument, since God is the source of all morality.
The 5 Solae of the Protestant Reformation:
1) Sola Scriptura – By Scripture Alone – The Bible alone is the authority for all matters of doctrine and practice.
2) Sola Fide – By Faith Alone – God’s forgiveness of your sins and offer of Salvation is receieved by having faith in Jesus Christ, apart from works.
3) Sola Gratia – By Grace Alone – Salvation is a gift from God. It is not earned, only received.
4) Sola Christus – By Christ Alone – Salvation is only possible through Jesus Christ, because of His Atoning death on the cross.
5) Sola Deo Gloria – Glory to God Alone – The proper order of things is for everything to be done for the glory of God. The end result of our salvation is that we glorify God.
True and False Conversion
Jan 12th, 2020 Spiritual Warfare class located in Spokane Valley, WA, USA.
Topics discussed include: True and False Conversion, Essential Christian Doctrine, the Romans Road to Salvation, and more.
Essential (for Salvation) Christian Doctrine
1) Human Depravity (Romans 3:23) All have sinned.
2) Christ’s Virgin Birth (Matthew 1:18) Miraculously born, with no sin nature.
3) Christ’s Sinlessness (1 John 3:5) (1 Cor 5:7) Lamb without spot or blemish.
4) Christ’s Deity (Colossians 2:9) God in the flesh.
5) Christ’s Humanity (Galatians 4:4-5) (Heb 9:22) Blood sacrifice.
6) God’s Unity (Deutoronomy 6:4) Only 1 God. The Eternal Source of all creation.
7) God’s Triunity (Genesis 1:26) Eternal Love relationship. God is love.
8) The Necessity of God’s Grace (Ephesians 2:8) God’s lovingkindness. Unearned.
9) The Necessity of Faith (Hebrews 11:6) Faith in Christ. The way to receive Grace.
10) Christ’s Atoning Death (1 Peter 2:24) Jesus paid it all.
11) Christ’s Bodily Resurrection (1 Cor 15:14) Proof of Christ’s Divine power.
12) Christ’s Bodily Ascension (1 Thess 4:14) As surely as He rose, we too will rise.
13) Christ’s Present High Priestly Service (Heb 6:20) Access to God through Christ.
Christ’s Second Coming, Final Judgement (Heaven and Hell), and Reign (1 Thessalonians 4:16) Hope for the Believer.
All of these are necessary for salvation to be possible, which includes:
justification, sanctification, and glorification.
Romans Road to Salvation
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”
- Romans 5:8 “but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Romans 10:9 “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- Romans 10:10 “For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
- Romans 8:1 “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
- Romans 5:1 “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
The Armor of God
Jan 5, 2020 Spiritual Warfare class.
2020 Bible Reading Plan
2020 Bible Reading Plan
This is the Discipleship Journal’s Book at a Time reading plan which we are following for 2020.
Please join us in this. Christians need to be deeply rooted in the WORD!